It is very important that all children attend school every day. If a child is sick and it is absolutely necessary for him/her to be absent from school, the parent should call and report (296-2371). The child must bring a note from the parent stating the reason for his/her absence upon returning to school. Please bring the doctor's statement upon returning to school if the child visits the doctor.
ALL PARENTS PLEASE NOTE: THE HUMPHREYS COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD HAS A POLICY STATING IF A CHILD (K-12) MISSES MORE THAN 20 DAYS OF SCHOOL HE/SHE MAY BE RETAINED.
The following are excused absences established by the school board, if documented
according to school policy.
1. Personal illness of the student.
2. An illness or handicapping condition of a family member that requires the temporary assistance of the student. A student is not excused from classes to perform the duties of a parent or guardian, allowing the parent or guardian to work.
3. Death in the family (absence not to exceed three days)
4. Students may be excused from school attendance on special and recognized religious
holidays regularly attended by persons of the particular faith.
5. A student may be excused from school attendance for court appearance only if subpoenaed or directly involved in the court case. Proof of such must be submitted to the school personnel in charge of attendance, if required.
6. Students may be excused for other reasons, including emergencies over which the student has no control, with prior approval from the school principal.
All other absences will be considered unexcused. All students who do not attend regular class, for whatever reason are expected to be responsible for what is taught during the class time, and will be accountable for assignments made during that time. The appeal procedure will be in accordance with existing board policy as covered in the duties of the Disciplinary Hearing Authority (300.70)